Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

I grew up watching Bollywood films: Michelle Yeoh




   Actor Michelle Yeoh may have starred in Hollywood hits like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and the bond film, Tomorrow Never Dies, but she says that she grew up watching Bollywood films.
“I have grown up in Malaysia watching Indian films, as we are a very multi-racial community.

My mother is a very big cinema buff, so as a kid, we watched a lot of Indian and Malay films,” she says“When I see the movies, I understand them and I love the colour and the drama, but I don’t remember their names. I am very familiar with it and I hope one day, I would have the opportunity to make a film in India,” she said. “I would love to get the DVD of 3 Idiots and Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara,” she adds.Yeoh, 48, was in India recently to host the closing ceremony of International Film Festival of India